Created By: Inverclyde Tourist Group
This was the well for the Mansion House, the source of fresh drinking water for the household. It gives its name to this now public park.
It was built in the Scottish Renaissance style and has short columns supporting a pyramid. It is engraved with the date 1629.
Continue by turning back towards Bank Street then bear left and follow the path to Pin 26: Greenock Cenotaph.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Greenock's Historic Quarter