Created By: Kristin Bowl
64 South Main St.- Trinity Lutheran Church: Lutherans were among the first settlers in Boonsboro, worshipping at Ringer’s Church (Peter Ringer’s homestead) beginning in 1750. In 1812, the Lutheran and Reformed congregations jointly used a church on Potomac Street (then called Church Street). In 1870, the Lutherans purchased their current property on South Main Street. The cornerstone was laid that year and the church was dedicated in 1871.
Together, Trinity Lutheran and Trinity Reformed churches oversee the cemetery behind the Lutheran church which has an interesting mixture of burial sites and headstones from the 1800 and 1900’s.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Boonsboro, Maryland Walking Tour