Created By: Rideau District Museum
Bennett's Store ~ 34 Main Street
The original stone building, constructed circa 1890, was a monument house and tombstone cutting business, which had no windows or front door. R.H. Whaley would later run it as a pharmacy until Mike Bennett bought it in 1924 and established an ice cream parlour. His son, Bruce, operated a magazine shop and confectionary until his death in 1996.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Walking Tour of Westport, Ontario