Created By: Lodi Public Library
In the 1860s a dam was built across Spring Creek to generate power for a grist mill, creating a millpond that abutted what is now Corner Street. By 1926, the dam had fallen into disrepair and had to be removed, leaving behind an unattractive marsh. Between 1933 and 1935 workers cleaned up the riverbank, added stones and cobbles to erosion-prone areas of the creek, and turned what once was an unsightly mess into a memorial to Lodi’s men and women who served in the nation’s wars. This park, along with the School Hillside Terrace, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2009.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Lodi
Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.