murray house

Stanley tour

murray house

Hong Kong Island Hong Kong

Created By: bu


  • It has a history of 175 years

  • Early Years of British Rule: built in 1846, at the junction of Garden Road and Queensway in Central, was the officers' quarters of the Murray Barracks.

  • Japanese invasion:It was used as a command centre by the Japanese gendarmerie. It was also the site of executions.

  • Murray House has been repeatedly rumored to be "haunted” and has been exorcised twice.

  • In 1982, the Hong Kong Government has decided to keep the building complete and relocate it to Stanley.

  • It is now housing restaurants and shops.

  • It reorganized the Murray Building's tenants and changed half of the space to H&M.

  • Three floors high and covers an area of 987 square meters.

This point of interest is part of the tour: Stanley tour


Leave a Comment



Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide



Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to