Welcome to the 2020 West Central Neighborhood Home and Garden Tour!
- Click “Start Tour”, then select “Standard Tour Mode”
- Begin the tour at 1424 W. Jefferson (Swinney Homestead)
- Zoom in to the map (place 2 fingers on the screen and spread them apart) so you can see the route more clearly
- Press the “Follow Me” button in the lower right
Walking the Route:
- Stay on the map view while walking to your next stop
- While walking, the arrow at the bottom will give you a rough direction, and the information at the top of the screen will tell you how far it is and what time you’ll arrive
- The address of your next stop is at the bottom of the screen
- When you reach the next stop, the house information will automatically pop up on your screen
- If you lose your blue dot on the map, click “Follow Me”
- Under “Settings” in the upper left corner, you’ll find the option to turn off “Auto Map Rotation” and the option to turn on “Voice Navigation” if those things are helpful
Viewing a Home:
- If you’ve reached your next stop but the information doesn’t pop up, click “I’m Here” at the bottom of the screen, or click on the stop number on the map
- Swipe to view photos and tap to enlarge them
- Click “Continue Tour” when you’re ready for the next stop
Please stay on the sidewalks (and alleys) and off of the homeowner's properties.
This self-guided walking tour will highlight 28 historic homes and 1 theater. We do this in an effort to promote neighborhood revitalization and historic preservation. Enjoy the ambiance and beauty of our neighborhood as you stroll our tree-lined streets and view an eclectic variety of historically significant points of interest.
Thank you, and enjoy!
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS:
- Greg Brandt
- Cindy Brandt
- Connie Mettler
- Kelly Benton