Davenport Home - 107 N Gatlin St, Okolona, MS 38860 Davenport Home, 1899 - Free-style Queen Ann. Original front door with oval glass. The house was built by Sybia Davenport’s father as a wedding present to her. After her husband’s unti... Read more
Smith-Robbins - 110 N Gatlin St, Okolona, MS 38860 Smith-Robbins, 1905 – Built on the site of Hotel Elmo as a boarding house for railroad men and owned by Mrs. Smith. Upstairs rooms remain numbered. Supposedly, an old well is under the k... Read more
Gilliam-Carouthers - 201 School St, Okolona, MS 38860 Gilliam-Carouthers, 1896 – Classic Queen Anne with Italianate influence. Stained glass windows from torn down Presbyterian church once on site. Church was used as a hospital during Ci... Read more
Knox-Fitzgerald-Brannic - 316 Washington St, Okolona, MS 38860 Knox-Fitzgerald-Brannic, 1850 – Built before the Civil War and was once a girls’ school. Used as a hospital during the Civil War caring for wounded soldiers from the battle... Read more
T. Walls-Raspberry - 402 Wheeler Street Okolona, MS T. Walls-Raspberry, 1896 – The Walls shared their home with many newly married couples and teachers who were furthering their education at Okolona Junior College during the summer month... Read more
McDuffie Home - 401 W Monroe Ave, Okolona, MS 38860 McDuffie Home, 1924 – This 1920’s cottage features Prairie School architecture. Built by Howard and Katherine McDuffie, owners of an Okolona dry goods store. The three McDuffie chil... Read more
Rosensteil-Williams - 311 W Monroe Ave, Okolona, MS 38860 Rosensteil-Williams, 1900 – Classic Queen Anne featuring two-story tower and wrap-around porch. This house has had no major structural changes since the 1900’s and still retains... Read more
Hodges Home - 309 W Monroe Ave, Okolona, MS 38860 Hodges Home, 1890’s – This home was probably built for the Buchanan family and was purchased in 1944 by William D. Hodges from the estate of Lucille B. Neubert, who was a relative. Acco... Read more
Stone-Henson - 306 W Monroe Ave, Okolona, MS 38860 Stone-Henson, 1890’s – Bult by the Vice family and later deeded to a daughter, Erline Vice Stone, this house was extensively remodeled and modernized in the early 1940’s, but still r... Read more
Rubin and Clyo Gann - 105 Stonewall St, Okolona, MS 38860 Rubin and Clyo Gann, 1925 – One-story brick residence with clipped-gable roof, entry porch, and right-side wing with attached carport. Wooden door flanked by 4/1 paired windows. ...
The Stone House - 105 S Olive St, Okolona, MS 38860 Stone-Henson, 1890’s – Bult by the Vice family and later deeded to a daughter, Erline Vice Stone, this house was extensively remodeled and modernized in the early 1940’s, but still ... Read more
Glass-Loudermill - 107 S Olive St, Okolona, MS 38860 Glass-Loudermill, 1905 – Two-story, symmetrical Queen Anne, wood-sided residence with hip roof, wrap-around porch and balcony. Built by a Mr. Tindall, who was an uncle to Helen and Zai... Read more
The Bellewis Home - 117 S Olive St, Okolona, MS 38860 The Bellewis Home, 1905 – One-story symmetrical residence with hipped roof and a three-bay façade. Pediment has pattered timbering. Recent updating. ...
Savage-Carter Home - 208 S Olive St, Okolona, MS 38860 Savage-Carter Home, 1920 – One-story residence with multiple roof forms. This house was possibly built by W.G. Mabry, Jr. as a guest cottage for W. E. Savage, whose home was located ... Read more
Leave a Comment
Download the App
Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.