Created By: MA Department of Conservation & Recreation
The Rocky Pond Cranberry Bog is a 7-acre commercial cranberry farm within Myles Standish State Forest. This agricultural resource is managed by the DCR, farmed by the University of Massachusetts’ Cranberry Experiment Station located in East Wareham, and supported by the member farmers of the Cape Cod Cranberry Growers Association. It is used as a living laboratory, classroom, and demonstration area to promote low impact, but sustainable agricultural practices. It is also a for-profit farm so please enjoy the property but observe the general visitor guidelines of the park including…
· Please stay on designated trails. Do not walk on the bog.
· Leave only footprints take only pictures.
· Do not pick the cranberries.
· Observe all posted rules and regulations.
· Be aware of hunting seasons and wear blaze orange when appropriate.
· All dogs must be leashed and pet waste should be disposed of properly.
Please remember to carry-in, carry-out all your belongings and trash. Leave No Trace of your visit. Thank you.