Created By: Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society
These two side-by-side brick buildings were constructed sometime between 1910 and 1920. The one that fronts Texas Street as well as East Main was the McKamy-Reddick Grocery Store on June 27, 1925, when the citizens of Richardson used it as a polling place and voted to incorporate and elected one of the store's two owners, Tom McKamy, the city's first mayor. In short, this building is the birthplace of the City of Richardson, which is apt because it stands on the site of an earlier two-story storehouse that was one of the town's earliest commerical structures. The adjacent building housed the local post office for a while in the early twentieth century.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Richardson, Texas