Created By: Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society
Built about 1898, this brick building originally served as a dry goods store owned and operated by James N.Thompson and his son, R. E. "Bob" Thompson. Before that, a wood frame farm supply store, operated by the Patrons of Husbandry, better known as the "Grange," a farmers association, stood here. A century ago, in 1923, it became an auto repair shop operated by Milton Ingram, and it has been an auto repair shop ever since, although owned and operated by different individuals or companies throughout the years.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Richardson, Texas