Created By: Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society
This small brick ediface, known by early townspeople as the Crosby Building, was built in 1909. During the first Richardson Community Fair, in 1922, it was used for a display of antiques and home goods. Over the years, it has housed a variety of commercial enterprises, including the "Ritz" movie theater, which operated on this site from 1939, the year that "Gone with the Wind" and the "Wizard of Oz" were released, until 1961, when it was renamed the "Electra," which continued to offer movie entertainment until 1974.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Richardson, Texas