Created By: Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society
This tiny wood frame building, covered with brick, is the oldest commercial building in Richardson. It was constructed about 1895, apparently after early Richardson resident "Brack Lothridge bought the lot from J. M. Stratton. It could actually be older. In 1936, Lothridge's heirs sold the property to long-serving Richardson Mayor Tom Jackson, who in 1938 remodeled the building, covering it with brick, and then used it as a real estate office for quite a long time. Over the years, the building has housed a wide variety of commercial enterprises.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Richardson, Texas