Created By: Historic Denton
George William (1891-1945) and Elaine Chilton Morrel (1890-1962) contracted with Henry Francis (H. F.) Davidson in 1924 to build this “One story and half, eight roomed, brick veneered house, English roof.” Elaine, a Denton native, married George in Austin in 1916. By 1920, they were living on West Hickory Street in Denton prior to moving to this house. They sold their home in April 1927, and moved to El Paso, Texas George resumed his commercial traveling in wholesales furniture and Elain sustained as a public-school teacher. Jack Blewett purchased the house from the Morrells. Jack worked for his father at the Denton Milling Company, which burned in July 1928. The following month, the Blewetts hired Richards Harpool to run the financially failing mill. Richards and his wife, Octa, also became owners of this house. This is a good example of a small Tudor cottage with a high-pitched cross-gable roof with a half-timbered motif and a prominent tapered chimney.
This point of interest is part of the tour: West Denton Residential National Register District Historic Home Tour
Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.