Created By: Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society
What appears to be two separate buildings is actually one structure divided into two businesses. Both occupy the site of Thomas Newton "Newt" Harris' barber shop, which was operated out of a wood frame building on this site from 1906, when Harris bought the property, until 1947, when he retired. In 1955, three years after Harris died, this building was constructed. As far as it is known, there has been a barber shop on this site continously since 1906.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Richardson, Texas