Created By: Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society
This building, which is currently part of the Tavern on Main Street, was constructed about 1924. Henry and Katie Pistole purchased this lot on March 26, 1906 from the Houston & Texas Central Railway. On November 29, 1906, Sam P. Harben purchased it from the Pistoles. For decades, the town's only newspaper, The Richardson Echo, was printed here by publisher and editor Sam Harben. The building was also used as the print shop of the Harben-Spotts Company, a partnership of Sam Harben and Sherwood Spotts, who in 1927 became the city's second mayor.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Richardson, Texas