Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
Built in 1835, this Federal-style brick double building is the only one of its kind in Ithaca. Its stepped gables are similar to those at 130 E. Court and 307 N. Tioga streets. The three-bay facades and flat wall plane are typically Federal, and the over-door transom and handsome cornices are Greek Revival. The over-door transoms and paneling in the door recesses, built in the Italianate style, are later additions. For several years, architect William H. Miller maintained an office in the projecting second-story bay.
This point of interest is part of the tour: DeWitt Park Historic District