Created By: Thomasville Tourism Commission and Thomasville Public Library
This one-story brick building containing four separate stores dates to the late 1920s and is the oldest of the buildings now standing on Commerce Street. 2 Commerce Street housed a seafood market in the late 1920s. In 1937, City Radio Repair had its shop at 4 Commerce Street. By 1929, 6 Commerce Street housed the offices of Dr. L.A. Curry, an African American physician. In 1929, 8 Commerce Street contained a barbeque outlet called Buck's Place.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Commerce Walk