Created By: Flemington Historic Preservation Commission
Dating from before 1822, this was originally a Federal style brick house, it was later stuccoed, expanded and updated to the more modern Italianate style. The simple form and projecting band between the first and second floors are reminders of the Federal house, the bracketed cornice, paired central arched windows and elaborate front porch mark the renovations as Italiante.
The interesting building behind was originally a fancy carriage house and stable, with a cupola crowning the second-floor hay loft. It has been slightly relocated and restored and is now used as a retail outlet for the successful historic tearoom business that now operates from the main building.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Flemington Historic Walking Tour - Main Street North