Created By: LFPF
Edward Deegan Architects 2018-19
This 1893 Queen Anne residence was built in the same period that architects Pond & Pond were building a new Lake Forest Academy campus nearby, today Lake Forest College South Campus. The 1893 East House/Moore Hall there (demolished ca. 2008) employed a firm-characteristic diamond motif as found on the surviving windows at 449 E. Illinois. The house is reported to have been built for interior designer William Quigley. Renovated and expanded in the 1960s and 1980s, the current owners, working with Deegan Architects of Kenilworth in 2018-19, built a compatible replacement addition and new auxiliary building on the west side of the house, while replicating older windows that face the street.
This point of interest is part of the tour: 2020 Lake Forest Historic Preservation Awards