Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
TALBOT BUILDING, 107 N. BENTON ST: This building was constructed in 1941 for Dr. Charles Talbot and was completed in September. Talbot operated City Drug Store on the lower level while Dr. Clyde Miller tended to patients on the second level.
TALBOT POST OFFICE BUILDING, 117 N. BENTON: Also constructed in 1941 for Dr. C.A. Talbot, this building was completed in May and its first use was as the Waynesville Post Office. Less than two years later the Pulaski County Democrat ran a headline stating “POST OFFICE BUILDING HERE NOT BIG ENOUGH”
WILSON-LONG BUILDING, 119-123 N. BENTON: This building was constructed for Roy C. Wilson and V.V. Long, was completed June 1942. The first story housed the Greyhound Bus Depot and the Pulaski County Democrat office. Shortly after the structure was completed the second story housed the Mayor’s office and offices for other city officials. In early 1943 Pulaski County, Selective Service Board (draft board) was located on the second floor.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour