Created By: Emma Dermott
Berry Bros.& Rudd is very probably the basis for Mrs Brandy's grocers, which was based on St James' street.
The shop has been around since 1696, founded by the Widow Bourne.
the company has supplied the Royal Family since the reign of King George III. Berry Bros. & Rudd was his wine supplier then. First they sold coffee, and then cocoa, tea, snuff, spices, anything that was considered exotic and new, and became one of London's premier grocers.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Mr Norrell's London