Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
Bloodland was once a thriving community situated in the middle of the area selected by the Department of the Army to build Fort Leonard Wood. In 1941 there were three general stores, three filling stations, two churches, two barber shops, a stave mill, a tomato canning factory, a brand new high school and 120 inhabitants. The residents of Bloodland and the surround area had to leave their homes by July 1941 and workers began tearing everything down. The Bloodland Methodist Church was probably organized in the late 1800s, the church building was constructed around 1900. Many Bloodland families attended the church and are buried in its cemetery. The cemetery remains today and is maintained by Fort Leonard Wood.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour