Created By: Mount Joy Borough
The 5.28 acre Borough Park has been at its present location since 1935. The former Borough Park was at the “little” post office on the corner of North Market and East Main Street. When the new post office was built, the park had to be moved. The U.S. Government paid Mount Joy Borough $10,000.00 for the land and with this money, the town purchased ten acres bounded by North Market Street, Manheim Road and North Barbara Street. Tennis courts and a baseball diamond came within the first year. Unfortunately, the tennis courts had to be removed in 2015 because of severe deterioration.
In later years, Bob Kunkle gave several thousands to improve the baseball field by adding new fences, bleachers and a refreshment house. In the 1980’s the field was dedicated. Now known as Kunkle Field, it has become home for many baseball and softball games.
If you would like to know more about athletic’s, please visit the website Mount Joy Athletic Association
For rules and regulations for Borough Park please visit General Park Rules
This point of interest is part of the tour: Mount Joy Borough Parks