Created By: Bloomsburg High School - Social Studies in Action
The Caldwell Consistory was built in the Victorian Eclectic/ Modified Colonial Revival Style. Trumen P. Reitmyer, of Williamsport, was the Architect. Caldwell Consistory, Valley of Bloomsburg, Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, is a fraternal organization for master Masons founded in 1867 and named for John Caldwell, a prominent Philadelphia Mason. One million terra cotta bricks were used in constructing the building. The double-headed eagle above the front door is the symbol for a consistory.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Bloomsburg