Created By: Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society
The side of the building that stands at 100 East Main Street marks the site of four of Richardson's earliest businesses, all wood frame buildings--two general stores, a grocery store, and a drugstore--that were constructed during the late 1870s and early 1880s alongside the H.&T.C. railroad tracks, and then burned in a catastrophic fire in 1892. They were rebuilt, only to be demolished sometime between 1910 and 1920, when the present brick building was constructed on the site.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Richardson, Texas