Created By: Farmingdale Public Library
Originally in the Kolkebeck house and then the Main Street School, the library moved to 195 Main Street in 1952. It moved to the southwest corner of Main & Conklin Street in 1959 with Orrin Dow as the Director. A South Branch on Merritts Road was opened in 1961. This & the South branch remained open until 1994 when the current library on Merritts Road was built.
This point of interest is part of the tour: View of the Village