Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
FORMER DOOLIN’S BLACKSMITH SHOP, HISTORIC ROUTE 66 & LYNN ST: Now a parking lot, this location once was home to Doolin’s blacksmith shop. In September 1911 John Doolin drove ten pounds of horseshoe nails. His brother, Cliff Doolin, “fitted up the shoes” and another man put them on. The Pulaski County Democrat, in a challenging fashion, asked its reader who could beat the feat.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour