Created By: Farmingdale Public Library
Bethpage Lodge No. 975 purchased this building in 1921 after they were chartered on June 11, 1921. The building was erected in 1902 and was purchased by the Freemasons for $6,000. From 1942 to 1945, this lodge was one of two Masonic service centers on Long Island for military servicemen. This lodge gave away free food and drinks and entertained the servicemen with books and games. The masons sold the building in 1970 to the Knights of Pythias. Some of its members were Ernest Hackwitz, Charles O. Schmidt, Jesse F. Merritt, and John O. Wagner.
This point of interest is part of the tour: View of the Village