Henry J. Harm Jewelry

Albert Lea Historical Downtown Walking Tour

Henry J. Harm Jewelry

Albert Lea, Minnesota 56007, United States

Created By: Freeborn County Historical Museum


Henry J. Harm Jewelry, 211 South Broadway

Henry J. Harm, a former mayor of Albert Lea, commissioned the architects of Larson and McLaren of Minneapolis to design a building to replace his jewelry store that burned down in 1922. Built by Tapager Construction of Albert Lea, the new building housed the store on the first floor with apartments on three floors above.

The building’s front façade features highly ornamental details with Art Nouveau-style, nature-inspired design motifs around the storefront, at the window openings and spandrel panels between each level of windows, and at the prominent bracketed roof cornice.

Like its neighbor to the north, this structure was designed by Minneapolis architects Larson & McLaren. This four story building was richly ornamented with light blue/grey terra cotta and built in 1922. Henry J. Harm served as Mayor of Albert Lea from 1913 to 1914.

This point of interest is part of the tour: Albert Lea Historical Downtown Walking Tour


Leave a Comment



Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide



Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.