Created By: Farmingdale Public Library
Hook and Ladder Company No. 1 was organized in 1886. The Hook & Ladder Co. had its first firehouse on the north side of Conklin Street. The Water Witch’s first house was on Rose Street, but the two joined together in 1892. In 1893, they were moved directly onto Main Street slightly south of its current location.
This point of interest is part of the tour: View of the Village