Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
Located at 19 South Street is the Isaac P. Ferguson House, constructed in 1865. Isaac P. Ferguson was a prominent Dryden resident during the second half of the 19th century, serving as Village Clerk in 1861 and Treasurer of the Dryden Agricultural Society from 1873 to 1876. Ferguson was also partner to Jeremiah W. Dwight at their merchant firm J.W. Dwight & Company. Therefore, it makes sense that the exterior of the Ferguson House exhibits many of the Italianate details found on the Dwight House, the final stop on this tour. Some of the more notable components of the design include second-story arched windows and elaborate bracketed cornices above the porch and along the roof line. The Ferguson House is a contributing structure of the Village of Dryden National Historic District.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Village of Dryden