Created By: Farmingdale Public Library
This was the original Methodist Church which was built in 1843, but was formerly known as the Farmingdale Methodist Episcopal Church. The land where this building was erected was donated by Ambrose George. It was a one-room church which could seat approximately 150 people. In 1883, the church was remodeled and a steeple was added. Eventually in 1886, a bell was added to the church, which was also used as an alarm for the fire department. In 1925, this building was sold for $23,000 and the money from the sale was used to begin construction on the current building at the corner of Main Street and Grant Street.
This point of interest is part of the tour: View of the Village