Millsite Park

Historical Sites Downtown Myrtle Creek

Millsite Park

Myrtle Creek, Oregon 97457, United States

Created By: Myrtle Creek Historical Society


All of what is now Millsite Park was John Hall’s farmland until his death in 1922. In the 1940s and 1950s it was the site of Fir Manufacturing Company (FIRMCO) and Umpqua Plywood. The sawmill and plywood plant occupied all the land from Main St to the river and Fourth Avenue to South Main Street on southeast side.. A huge enterprise, the operation included a gigantic log pond and a railroad siding exclusively for their use. It was a major employer for Myrtle Creek during the timber industry boom years. The current Elks building was originally built in 1946 as the main office for the mill. After the mill closed, the land was donated to the City for public use. Design and construction of Millsite Park began in the 1970s. Improvements continue.

Photo: Large saw blade from old sawmill used for park sign.

This point of interest is part of the tour: Historical Sites Downtown Myrtle Creek


Leave a Comment



Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide



Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to