Created By: Farmingdale Public Library
Moby Drugs was originally opened in Farmingdale in 1935 by Abner Mobegaht. In 1956, Sal Elbaum and David Budoff purchased the pharmacy. It was purchased in 1980 by current Mayor Ralph Ekstrand alongside Vincent Conte. They co-owned and operated this pharmacy. Mayor Ekstrand earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy and became a pharmacist for another company before purchasing and opening Moby Drugs with Conte. In 2008, they sold the business to Prasad Venigalla, but Ekstrand remained as supervising Pharmacist.
This point of interest is part of the tour: View of the Village