Created By: Farmingdale Public Library
Opened in 1927 by Morris Karp and his son Leo. Morris Karp & Son bought fertilizer and then sold it to the local farmers. They also sold feed, grain, and hay. In the 1940s, they added to the building and began to manufacture fertilizer themselves. In the late 1950s, they added more to the building, making it 300 feet long. In 1967, Leo Karp sold the business to Wagner Brothers and the fertilizer business was sold to Lebanon chemical. On June 2, 1985 the building, which wasn’t grounded, was hit by lightning. The entire building burned down.
This point of interest is part of the tour: View of the Village