Created By: Diane Lebo Wallace
The Town of Nunda, within the Morris Reserve, was founded in 1808 as a part of Allegany County. The name is from Nunda-wa-ono, a Seneca Indian tribe that once lived in the beautiful hills and valleys along the Genesee river and Keshequa stream within the Township of Nunda. In the Seneca language, "Nunda" relates to hills and a popular translation is "Where the valley meets the hills".
FLT Map M7
This point of interest is part of the tour: History along the Finger Lakes Trail