Old Curtis Property

Architectural Tour of Clinton

Old Curtis Property

Clinton, Iowa 52732, United States

Created By: Matt Parbs


Old Curtis Property, 2nd Street South at 12th Avenue South; c. 1878.This was the office building for Curtis Brothers and Company in the late nineteenth century. The Curtis Company, manufacturers of wood sash and doors, was founded in 1866 by Charles F. Curtis, George M. Curtis, and Judson E. Carpenter. The building's main entrance and entry steps on the east, front façade have been removed. Many of the windows have been closed over. An addition of the same style was added on the west. A massive, three-story building was attached on the south. These buildings west of South 2nd Street are now vacant and are expected to be demolished.Old Curtis Property, 114 12th Avenue South; most. C. 1920.This is the vacant plant of the Curtis Company. Curtis, a woodworking plant, was a national leader in quality wood construction components such as door, sash, fireplace mantels, entryways, trim, and kitchen cabinets. In 1966, 100 years after its founding, the Curtis Company went out of the business.

This point of interest is part of the tour: Architectural Tour of Clinton


Leave a Comment



Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide



Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.