Created By: Farmingdale Public Library
Built by Sidney Wright and then taken over by John Scholl who sold it to William Rathgeber Sr. In addition to the hotel, there was The Amusement Palace. Farmingdale’s first moving picture was shown here. The Palace was home to boxing matches, political party meetings, and many dances. When prohibition began, Rathgeber left the hotel business and started Farmingdale Individual Laundry Services with his sons. The building was razed in 1934.
This point of interest is part of the tour: View of the Village