Created By: Alpharetta Historical Society
In December 1860, the Milton County Inferior Court gave two acres to the citizens of the county to be used as a graveyard. In May 1903, Milton County conveyed the Alpharetta Cemetery Lot, now four acres, to Members of the Town Council and their successors. The lot was to be used as a general burial ground under the supervision of the Town of Alpharetta. This is the final resting place for many of the founders of Milton County and the Town of Alpharetta. The earliest recorded burial is that of Susan Camp Garrison, born 1822, died 1861. The cemetery property had previously been owned by Susan’s father, Arthur T. Camp.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Alpharetta Historic Walk