Rigsby Building, Waynesville, MO

Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour

Rigsby Building, Waynesville, MO

Waynesville, Missouri 65583, United States

Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center


RIGSBY BUILDING, 229 HISTORIC ROUTE 66: This building was constructed in 1951 by Claude Rigsby. It replaced a frame building that had been built in 1941 to house his wife’s (Evalina) beauty parlor. The new brick building’s first story housed a barbershop, a beauty parlor, and a three-room apartment. The second story included two three-room apartments.

In the 60s-80s this building was known as Rexall Drug, (Seda's Gift Shoppe 2003-2018), until 2018 the south side of the building bore scars from a semi-truck crashing into it in the early 1980s. The tractor-trailer lost its brakes while coming down Waynesville Hill. The Rexall Drug Store sign is now located within the 1903 Courthouse Museum.

This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour


Leave a Comment



Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide



Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.