Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
RIGSBY HOUSE, 103 N. BENTON ST: Claude & Evalina Rigsby bought this house, which stands on lots 6 and 7 in block 4 of the original town of Waynesville, in 1924. The foundation is made of rough-hewn logs and was constructed in the 1870s by Judge Vandover Berry Hill. The Rigsby’s operated their Standard Service station next-door to this home for more than three decades. During the years when Fort Leonard Wood was being built, the Rigsby's rented rooms and beds to construction workers.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour