Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
ROUBIDOUX FORD & FORMER BRIDGE, W. NORTH ST: This site was the location where early pioneers and settlers crossed or forded, the Roubidoux before the steel bridge was constructed in 1911. Steel for the bridge was shipped by rail to Crocker and hauled to Waynesville by wagon team. The completed bridge cost just under $4000. It was replaced in 1923 by a new bridge 350 feet upstream.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour