Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
During the Civil War, the courthouse was badly damaged, and in 1873 a new brick courthouse was completed at a cost of about $9,000 That building burned to the ground in 1902, destroying all the county records except the land books. This, Pulaski County's fourth courthouse, was built the following year. The bricks for this building were made at a kiln that was located on the grounds of the present Waynesville City Park. The 1903 courthouse served the community until 1987. Tours of the museum feature displays of Trail of Tears, Civil War history, and on the second level, the original courtroom which is available for weddings and social meetings.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour