Created By: Farmingdale Public Library
Schmidt's Hardware was opened at this location starting in 1915. This store was opened by Charles Otto Schmidt who took over the building from John Duryea, who previously owned a store at this location. It eventually moved to 208 Main Street in 1938 and completely closed in 2008. After Schmidt’s Hardware, the store became Leo Cannady’s.
This point of interest is part of the tour: View of the Village