Created By: Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society
Here is the spot where Richardson was "born" in 1873, when the Houston & Texas Central Railway built a small one-story wood frame depot adjacent to the tracks the railroad laid through its right-of-way, now owned by DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit). The depot served as both a passenger and freight station until 1907, when it was demolished and a new, slightly larger depot was constructed on the east side of the tracks. During the first decades of the town's existance, almost all the commercial buildings faced the railway tracks.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Richardson, Texas