Created By: Visit Madison, Inc.
421 E. 3rd Street. The parish was founded in 1817 by Father Michael Edger Shawe, and this stone church was built between 1837 and 1839. It was known as the Irish church and was an active parish through the 1980s. The Sisters of Providence operated the attached school.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Churches Walking Tour