Created By: Myrtle Creek Historical Society
The original owners of the 1880s home at 234 Third Ave are not known. We don’t really know why it is known as the “Stanfield house”. The house has received many alterations, including enclosure of the upper porch, replacement of windows and doors and a shed roof attachment at the rear. Fred Buell and a family named Fairbanks were subsequent owners. Fred Buell, who was born in 1873, also lived in another house in Myrtle Creek (on Heard St). Buell was employed by the Rice Brothers and Adams Mercantile Company and his occupation is listed in the 1910 census as retail butcher.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historical Sites Downtown Myrtle Creek