Syndicate Block

Albert Lea Historical Downtown Walking Tour

Syndicate Block

Albert Lea, Minnesota 56007, United States

Created By: Freeborn County Historical Museum


Syndicate Block, 244 South Broadway

Built in 1888, the brick elements which corbelled away from the side wall of this once elegant Romanesque style Syndicate Block were removed because of deterioration. The front facade once covered by cedar shakes in 1971, is intact except for the parapets and turret roofs removed in 1955.

Charles Upin owned and operated St. Paul Clothiers, originally St. Paul Clothing House, a chain of men's clothing stores founded 1921. Alan Upin took over the stores from his father and later worked with his oldest son, Jeff who ran the stores with him for 12 years.

This point of interest is part of the tour: Albert Lea Historical Downtown Walking Tour


Leave a Comment



Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide



Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to