Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
Talbot House was built in 1885 by Reverend Albert Washington Davis, a pastor of Waynesville Methodist Church. He died in 1888, three years after building the house, at the age of 26. His widow turned the house into a hotel that become known as the Pulaski County. Dr. Charles A. Talbot bough the house in March 1920. Dr. Talbot had been practicing medicine in Pulaski County since 1910, and continued doing so for thirty-five years, until his death in 1945. After that, his widow rented out rooms to boarders. Talbot House is now an antique store and also the site for the COPS Paranormal Investigations held the first Saturday night of each month.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour