Created By: Ithaca Heritage
201 North Cayuga Street, built in 1912-1914
Ithaca's first school was built on this location in 1807, and the current structure is the fourth to school building at this corner, replacing the high school that burned down in 1912. When the high school relocated in 1960, this building became the junior high school until 1971, when it was converted into the current combination of apartments, shops, offices, and restaurants by architect William S. Downing, Jr. The structure was one of William Henry Miller's last commissions before his death in 1922.
This point of interest is part of the tour: William Henry Miller Downtown Architecture Walking Tour